Slogan for Continental Airlines

Language butchery by Mr Rich on  20.2.06 @ 19:05

Today my travel agent got a kick. She found out just how fucked up a flight itenerary can be. On the positive side, she called everyone involved and made sure that I could get home.

Jumpin Jesus on a pogo stick!!

So the actual slogan for Contiental Airlines is "work hard..fly right"

Bullshit.

Were it not for the 24 hour travel agent and un-tied customer service, I would have been screwed.

That means that I wouldn't have had the following experiences:

- Sitting next to the worst seat on an international flight. The seat I had was in the very last row. My knees touched the seat in front. My seat did not lean back. When the guy in front of me leaned back, I wanted to tell him, "I'm not that kind of boy.". At least I had the aisle seat...the worst seat on the plane was the middle seat. Like I said...I sat next to the worst seat.

- Dirty Hugo. Every restraunt I have visited thus far has been ushered by armed security. One guy had two 44 magnums - one on each hip. The other had a sawed off 20 gauge shotgun on his hip.

- La Autopista Montanya (no "en-yay" on the crackberry) desde Vargas a Caracas. This lovely road is the fastest way from the airport to the city. It is the only paved road I have ever been on that requires four wheel drive - and low gear on the transfer case at that! We went over the mountains from the airport to Caracas because the bridge on the main highway is down for the next year.

Such is the joy of travelling....

On the plus side, I'm staying the only hotel I have ever been in that offers condoms and cigarettes along with Johhny Walker in the mini bar. The bathroom is also worthy of my "toilets of the world" picture series. When you turn on the bedai (excuse the spelling), the water hits the ceiling. Eat your heart out Super Loo!

Rubbers, liquor, and a bedai. Larry Flint must own this place...

So, in closing, "Saludos desde Caracas!"

Oh yeah...the slogan for Continental Airlines (ala Rich): Incompetence you can count on!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?