Warning: Bad Cliches Enclosed

Language butchery by Mr Rich on  9.3.06 @ 07:16

If you don't get this posting, do a search for "Murray Head" and "mp3", as well as a Robin Williams Movie listing. If you still don't get it, you don't remember either 1985 or 1987.

So, I've spent two nights in Bangkok, and the world is my oyster, or so I've been told. However, being as they aren't too tasty looking in the food department. Besides - I'm not eating anything that comes out of the rivers here. The Chopraya is a sewer.

Yes, if you've seen one crowded, polluted, stinking town you've seen them all. What is different is the scent of jasmine, orchid, and spices augmented with punches of diesel exhaust and wafts of raw sewage. Something will smell incredible and then it's like sticking your head up a tailpipe while someone farts. Its a sensory load that grinds the gears of the mind.

Its really fucking hot here too. "...forecast for today - hot and shitty with a continued chance for hot, fading on to shitty later tonight...". Thank god beer is really cheap. A bottle is about 60 Baht, or $1.60. As the earlier posting said, don't drink the water, and don't panic.

Aimee and I got massages today. BTW: I get my kicks above the waistline (sunshine). I must really be stressed out as the 80 lb woman kept asking if I was ok as she contorted my body into positons that would make a yoga instructor cringe.

No, I didn't get a happy ending. That was the guy next door who was groaning and moaning. Jesus - he must have been hard up!

So the night market is the land of the cheesy Rolex rip-off. You'd have to see it to believe it. Nothing says Southeast Asia like a chrome plated with glass diamonds Rolex. As for me, I bought a North Face fanny pack. Wow! The must be cheap in the countries that they are made in!

So enough with the sarcasm. I really am having a good time here. Tomorrow we are going to an elephant sanctuary, and Sunday is ccoking school. More later!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?