Whatever Rich says

Language butchery by redhotknitter on  20.8.06 @ 21:15

Moving is fun. Its even more fun with your partner. Nothing goes in the carefully planned order you or he had in mind. The timeline falls apart. Swearing ensues. Good times. All I can say is I hope we are past the worst of it. Okay there is still the unpacking phase, but it can't be as bad as loading a u-haul, cleaning a house, meeting with the landlady, and driving north. At least there was bbq in Salem!

We are both exhausted. We got up early and unloaded the truck to get it back to the rental place in a timely manner. Now the house is completely awry. Boxes everywhere. Furniture astray. Argh. I hope to get the kitchen unpacked tomorrow and then go from there. I leave on vacation on Friday for a week in Montana and I'd like to have the majority of it unpacked and put away by then. Or at least in the right room, so that Rich isn't on a collision course when he tries to walk through the house.

I am currently unemployed. Its an odd feeling. I start my new job on Sept. 11th. An auspicious day. I'm looking forward to this break from work to breathe a bit and read. I have about 20 books checked out from my old library and another dozen I own that I would like to read. But that won't happen. If I get through 10 I'll be happy.

Okay, I'm off to annoy Rich. I can do it in person now!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?